Friday, January 7, 2011

I posted this elsewhere, but got censor-wishes everywhere I went.

My question is this:
By what authority is it determined that everyone’s opinion has equal validity?

The answer: by the authority of the doctrine of Relativism.

my second question:
Why should we all be required to hold Relativism as our belief system?

my second answer:
It is imposed on us to keep us pacified, because by Relativism nobody’s beliefs ultimately have any authority, and therefore the holders of those beliefs have nothing to fight about, because they (ought to) know that no matter how much they argue they will be able to prove themselves neither right nor wrong to those with whom they are arguing.

my third question:
Is everyone then a Relativist, and if so, what point is there in arguing about anything?

my third answer:
No. Not everyone is a relativist. Nor should anyone be forced to be one. Some people (like me) ascribe to one or more of a number of existing belief systems that they truly believe transcend human opinion, and see fit to make arguments based on that assumption (much to the chagrin of relativists)…but as to the second part of the question…from my understanding relativists have nothing to gain by arguing. That is part of the problem here; Relativism cannot effectively state that piracy is wrong, let alone convince those who partake of it that it isn’t right for them.
Time for a non-relativist declaration:
God **** relativism.
Now, if you’re offended by that, may I ask why? And if you’re a Relativist and are offended by that, may I ask how you can justify being offended by it, to the point of forcing me to take it back? After all, the declaration was right for me.

No comments: